If you are reading this, it means that you have found my classroom blog. This is the way that I communicate with the families of room 119. If you have the internet, please sign up to get this blog via email. To do that, you simply need to enter your email in the box under "Please sign up below."
After you enter your email, you will be emailed a link. You MUST click on the link to get our blog via email. If you do not see an email right away, please check your spam folder.
I post weekly on this blog reviewing what we did the week before. I write posts over the weekend so you can expect them then. I also may post updates during the week with important information about upcoming events.
On this blog, I post pictures and videos of what we are doing in the classroom. I will be sending home a permission slip on the first day of school asking your permission to post pictures on this blog. I know that for some, pictures of your children on-line can seem scary. Please know that the GPS in my camera is turned off and I never post last names on my blog. If I have two students with the same name, I will refer to them by their first name and last initial.
I have not yet had any parents opt not to have their child included on the blog. If you do choose not to have your child photographed, please tell them so that they will not feel badly when I ask them to step out of any group photos.
On the first day of school, I will be sending home information in an "Everyday Folder". I call it an Everyday Folder because the folder will go to and from school every day. Please check it every night for notes and similarly I will check it every morning for notes/ lunch money/ etc from you. I hope that you will find it an easy way to communicate. You may also choose to call me if you wish or you can always email me. I respond to emails within 24 hours, so if you don't hear from me, I probably didn't receive your email.
I am really looking forward to working with you and your children this year. If you should have any questions, please feel free to email me at lauradoran@wlcsd.org as I will be in and out of meetings next week. I hope you find this blog a great resource for you. I have also tried to make it a fun place for your children to come. They can feed our class fish "Rocky" or check out some fun links at the top of the page.
Enjoy your final days of summer! Before you go, be sure to click on the video below (or click HERE to view it on YouTube) to see a sneak peek of what Room 119 looks like. I will be doing some finishing touches but it's just about ready to be filled with new adventures.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Laura Doran
Hi Mrs. Doran,
ReplyDeleteEthan and I are so excited for school to start. Ethan is especially looking forward to being able to use iPads in class.
See you soon,
Shawn,Erin and Ethan Quillman
YEAH! I am getting excited too! Yes. I let the students use my school iPad and my personal one (though my screen is broken so I need to get that fixed). I also have some iPod touches. It is my hope to get some more for the classroom. I got another email from a parent that their child is looking forward to lockers. There are loads of fun new things in first grade. I am really looking forward to another great year! Thanks for leaving a comment! :-)
Delete