Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Joyful June & Our Last Day


Our 2023 Room 119 Alums (and me)

Wow! It is hard to believe that my time with your amazing kids has come to an end! If you would like to see all the pictures from June (including First Grade Camp, Fun Run, Field Day, End-of-the-Year party and more, click HERE. We also made a last day video talking about favorite things about first grade and what we might want to be when we grow up! You can see that video HERE. Hopefully you saw an End-Of-Year Memory book that I made. You can access that HERE in case it came home a bit mangled. We brought a lot home that last day of school! And finally if you would like to get together with your first grade friends, remember there is a directory under "Classwork" in our Google Classroom that contains phone numbers and emails (I didn't want to link that here on the internet obviously). 

I am wishing you all an amazing summer and wanted to remind you that our Google Classroom is still open if you need to access iReady lessons. It would be a good idea to do a little every week in addition to some of the other ideas I posted in report card comments. Making reading a regular activity will also help to avoid the (very real) summer slide. Our local libraries all have awesome programs this summer that you can check out.

While I will not be checking email daily, I will be on from time to time over the summer so if you need anything, please know that I am still here for you as a reference or if you need something or have a question. As when you were in my class, if I don't know the answer I usually can find someone who does.

I hope you found this year of first grade a year of growth both socially and academically and I wish you all the best in the future. Be sure to check back here when your child is in fifth grade. I always take one last picture with my 5th graders before they leave LLE. And remind them they need to stop by Room 119 every morning for a hug before heading to their second grade classroom!

Have a WONDERFUL Summer!
Laura Doran


The 2022-2023 LLE Staff

My 2nd Graders turned 5th Graders





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.