Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Sneak Peek into our Classroom...

Long before you come to school, we teachers are at work reading books, making plans and setting up a great place for you to learn. I thought you may want to see some of the progress I have made in our classroom. My 5 year old daughter helped a bit, and you and I will also be making a lot of posters and things as we learn together. I hope you are getting excited for first grade! I am!

This is a puppet show theatre. My children want you to know that it is a lot of fun! It is a great way to practice oral language and a lot of fun at indoor recess.

This is a shot of our classroom in progress. I thought you may want to see how the tables are set up. Each table has a box where I will put pencils, crayons and other things you may need.

This is our gathering place. We will come here for calendar activities, reading, class meetings, listening centers and small groups.


This is part of the library that I have set up for you. (The top shelf will be nice and clutter free by the time you arrive.) You can also see the word wall where we will put all the new words you will be reading and writing and also the interesting words you will be learning this year. (I see from the letters you wrote me in kindergarten that you are excited to learn about BUGS!)

I went shopping and bought you all your own book boxes to use when we are having Reader's Workshop. They look pretty boring now. You will be able to decorate them soon and fill them with the books that we are reading. There is also a special journal in there where we will write about the things we read.

Here is one of your table boxes up close. Your last names are also on those name tags but have been photo shopped out. Though no one can come to this blog without knowing the exact address (you can not do a google search for it), I do encourage you to share it with family in other areas so they can look in and see what you are doing in the classroom. I will not be using last names on this site and use pictures and videos of you only with permission from your family.

And finally this is where the bins are where you will keep some of your things. I hope you enjoyed this peek into where we will spending our time this year!

6 comments:

  1. is that mrs.sinclairs room or mrs.belnave or mrs.wilsons room

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs.d you know that fish that you have i have one too but mines a dog i named it zack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in Mrs. Heinke's old room. I hope you will stop by and say hello. I'm glad you've been writing this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cute classroom! It's funny that you have an Isabelle in your class this year too! Me, Aust, And El went to help in my mom's classroom yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Mr.dewit p.s mrs.doran was very close to getting Isabella & leila & Isabella was were dressed up the same today

    ReplyDelete

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.