Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Friday, June 13, 2014

Week 37 (and a year) in Review!



Greetings from the Room 119!

It's hard to believe that the year is over.  It seems just yesterday I was meeting these wonderful children for the first time.  They have grown so much over the school year and it truly has been such fun getting to know them.  Our last day together brought some sadness and many tight hugs but as Braedyn reminded me, "You know, Mrs. Doran, I'm going to miss you.  But don't worry because in 75 and 1/2 days, I'll be back!"  That made me smile and I hope that you WILL be back. 

If you should need anything or have any questions, I'm still here for you.  I have told my families and students in the past, "Once a member of Room 119 (or the other classrooms I've taught in... 122, 116 & 112), always a member."  I'm so happy to say that many have remembered that and come back~ even now as college graduates!

Below are some pictures from the week and, of course, some videos.  There is one from the last week of school and I also posted some other 'favorite' videos from the year.  This blog will remain up so that you can come back and take a walk down memory road whenever you would like.

At this time, if you are getting the blog via email, you can click on the 'unsubscribe' button and you will no longer get this blog via email.  Thank you for partnering with me this year and for taking a look at what we do in school~ whether if you were physically in the classroom or actively reading, I thank you.
Remember you are your child's first and longest teacher!
But I am thankful I had a moment in time to teach them as well.

Have a wonderful summer!

I have a Summer Suggestion Blog that you can view by clicking HERE.  
And for those of you who wanted to hear the rest of "The BFG" book that we didn't finish, check in soon and I will have the chapters up here as promised.  :-)

Love,

Mrs. D.

We loved letting out the butterflies!  There is more on this in End of Year video!

After we let the butterflies go, we ate Popsicles (thank you to Will's family) and played.  It was a great way to celebrate our wonderful year together!

It was sad saying goodbye to our 5th Grade buddies!  We were glad that we met one last time to sign yearbooks and say goodbye!

We celebrated Emily's Un-birthday!  She will turn 8 over the summer!

We had one last Mystery Reader!  Tatum's aunt did a great job reading one of Mrs. D's favorite books, "Where the Wild Things Are."

Tatum was so happy to see her Aunt!

Many of us wore Red on Tuesday to support Public Ed!  Thank you to all who support schools and remember to contact your legislators and encourage them to fund schools.

On our last day, Mrs. Hill brought us donuts to enjoy!

We said the Pledge of Allegiance one last time...

We also wrote letters to our 2nd Grade Teachers!

Mrs. Doran gave us a snack and we enjoyed eating it while reflecting on all the fun things we did in first grade!

Finally it was time to go.  We clapped out our 5th Graders and waved goodbye to all our teachers!

Room 119 looks quite different without all of you here...

But it will come back to life in the fall!  Don't forget to stop by and see it!



1 comment:

  1. Julie RachnerMay 29, 2025

    Looking through all of this again in 2025. Seems like 1st grade was yesterday!! Thank you so much for doing this and all the other wonderful things you do!

    ReplyDelete

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.