Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Year in Review



Dear First Second Grade Families,

As of Friday, Room 119 has finally been closed for the summer.  I want to thank you all for sharing your children with me this year.  They were a wonderful group and as I packed up our room and wrote report cards, I reflected on just how much they have grown in one school year.  Everyone should be very proud of how much they have accomplished this year!

I also wanted to thank you for all of your support, kind words and nice gifts this last week of school.  I hope that you enjoyed this school year as much as I did.  This is my final blog for the 2011-2012 school year.  I hope that you enjoyed this form of communication and 'seeing' what we were up to each week.   If you have been getting this blog via email, you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link below and you will no longer get email updates.  This blog will always be here if you ever want to come back and take a walk down memory lane.  As you're learning, children grow up so fast...

I have included a slide show from the last week of school, a video of our "End of the Year" party and videos I made from the entire school year in case you and your second grader would like to take a look back at all the fun we had together this year!

The last day of school, I gave the students a Writer's Notebook that I made especially for them, a collection of the last portfolio entries they wrote (about first grade memories) and a Pennant from our school.  I told the children that if they wrote about 20 summer adventures and brought their notebook back to me in the fall, I would have a special surprise for them.  I also created a blog with Summer Suggestions on how you can make learning "Fun" over the summer months.  You can find the blog by clicking HERE.

Thanks again for a wonderful year!  It was a joy working with you and as I told the students, "Once a student of Mrs. Doran, always a student of Mrs. Doran".  I hope that they will stop by room 119 to say hello and keep in touch long after their days at LLE come to an end.

Sincerely,

Laura Doran
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.