Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Apology

It came to my attention that some of you may have been offended with my post yesterday about our Donor's Choose program being fully funded.  I cut and pasted the letter I wrote on Donor's Choose (to save time) and put it on this blog.  Donor's Choose posted the names of those who donated.  I didn't even think that this would offend those who did not donate.  That was an error on my part.
I deleted all names from my previous post.
Please know that any hurt feelings were not intentional.  I realize that you all give of yourself in many ways with your time in my classroom and the time you spend with your first grader at home. I am thankful for all of it, but will no longer acknowledge any one by name in order to not hurt feelings.
I thank the person who brought this to my attention as perhaps there were others that were feeling this way but did not want to say something. Hopefully with this blog everyone will know how grateful I am for all that you all do.  I know that we all do what we can.
Again I am very sorry,
Laura Doran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.