Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!


We got some very exciting news in room 119 today! Please see the letter below that was published on Mrs. Doran's Donor's Choose page:

Last night I checked in on our Donor's Choose Project to see if we had any more donations. We still needed over $400 and I worried we would not get our project funded. I emailed Donor's Choose to see if I could get those of you who had already donated a refund (because I felt badly that your children would not benefit from your generous donations). Earlier this morning, I opened an email from one of you that read, "Good News! Your Donor's Choose Project has been fully funded!" To say I was shocked is an understatement. I gathered the children around, told them the news and shouts of joy filled the room. We got right to work writing thank you cards with smiles on all our faces.
I learned that because it is so late in the year, Donor's Choose will deliver the iPod Touches first thing in the fall. I will be sharing these with your children's new teachers so that your children will still benefit from this project.
Again, I can't thank you enough for your generous hearts. In a time when I am used to hearing negative things about education (cuts to programs, etc.), it was wonderful to get this fabulous news. You have made a difference!
With gratitude,
Mrs. D



And if that didn't make my day...
Yesterday I was greeted by smiling face after smiling face with an apple for this teacher. It was an amazing feeling and one of you wrote me that I would need to make a pie with all those apples!  You are so right and I will have to tell my husband (since he's the cook in the family) to get right to work.
Today those same smiling faces held flowers in their hands and told me they loved me as they gave them to me.  I felt like Ms. America holding a bouquet so large that I needed three vases to carry them all.
On top of that your sweet messages, kind words and little extras have truly made my bucket overflow this week!
(ask your first grader what that means)
You have gone above and beyond this Teacher Appreciation Week!
It is truly a pleasure to work with you!
Thank you.
Very Sincerely,

Laura Doran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.