Dear First Grade Families,
As promised, I wanted to let you know how our Monday went. It was my hope that we would conduct business as usual and that is exactly what happened. I was greeted with warm hugs, notes and drawings which is nothing out of the ordinary for Room 119. The only reference to Friday was when one student mentioned they were wearing green because some people were hurt somewhere. I replied that I had heard about that and that it was nice that he was showing support that way. It was a quick exchange of words between just the two of us and was the only thing that was mentioned in my presence. I was not in school in the afternoon but I imagine (and hope) that the afternoon went as smoothly as the morning. I know the students were looking forward to music with Mr. Herber and a special meeting with our fifth grade buddies so we could finish up some projects. Ms. Kain, who is a wonderful guest teacher, was with your children in the afternoon.
If things should change and your children should talk or ask questions, I promise to let you know. As I have mentioned, my number one goal is the safety of your children~ the safety of them physically and emotionally. I applaud and thank you for the way you parented your children in regards to this matter. I know my own children didn't seem overly concerned when I mentioned it to them, and my older kids said that no one talked about it (my kindergartner didn't really comprehend our talk as much, which is normal and just fine). Keeping the television off has certainly helped too.
Thank you again for all you do and letting me do what I do best: love, care for, and teach your little people. It is a pleasure to work with each and every one of you. If ever you have a question or concern, please let me know. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts today. It was a tough one for many of us (I imagine) as we looked at the faces that we teach (and teach us) each and every day.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Doran
Monday, December 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.