Now that we are in a new month, the Upcoming Events on the blog has been updated. To see what is coming up, you can click HERE to get directly to the blog (if you are reading this through an email). Please note that our Holiday Party will be Friday the 21st from 2:30-3:30.
We will be reading books this month about the December holidays. I am beginning with Hanukkah because it begins next week. In addition to the story books that I have, I will be talking about the historical meaning behind both holidays.
I know that some families in here also celebrate Christmas and that some children believe in Santa. There was talk today in the class that Santa is not real. The way I handle this every year is to tell the students that Santa (and the tooth fairy if this comes up) only comes to your house if you believe in him (which in my opinion is true). It seemed fine with the students and we continued with our learning.
Just a reminder that the Book Fair is all week and that you can come Thursday night to Santa's Workshop and visit Mr. Stearn's book fair in the media center. If you are unable to come and forgot to send in money with your child but would still like to purchase books, you may send in money and I will send your child down when Mr. Stearns is in the building. He was not in the building today (Wednesday).
I am looking for volunteers to work with students on math games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays from 3:00-3:45. If you are interested, please contact me. I had hoped to get a sign-up going online that would email you reminders. I've been working on it and have had some glitches, so thought I would go about it the old fashioned way and just ask. You will be working with small groups of students in the hallway.
In the past, I have always done a book exchange with students. This year, I would like to try something different and have you buy a special book for YOUR child, write a nice note to them, wrap it, send it in and I will pass out your presents in class. My hope is that you will be giving them the 'gift of reading'. I will send home more information later this week.
And finally, if you have not turned in your "You are Special" note for your child (from conferences), please do so. If you have lost it or need a copy (or forgot all together what I am talking about), please just let me know so I can catch you up.
HOMEWORK BOOKS ARE COMING HOME TODAY!
As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.
~ Mrs. Doran
No comments:
Post a Comment
Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.