Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mid-Week News

 
Yesterday I sent a note home about giving the "Gift of Reading" this holiday season.  Because I found a few notes that fell out of folders (and some that came back in Everyday Folders), I wanted to share the note here (in hopes that you will all see it).  If you did already read it, skip down to the next picture...
 
 
Dear First Grade Families,
In the past, I have had students do a book exchange on our last day before break. This can be stressful on my part (waiting for books to come in) and disappointing at times for students (if they receive a book they didn’t want or already have at home). This year, I would like to try something different.
I would like YOU to give your child the “Gift of Reading”!  Please purchase a book for your child.  You know exactly what they like (and what books they already have). You also know your budget.  If you are unable to buy a book for your child, please contact me and I can help you.
On the inside of the book you buy for your child, I am asking that you write a nice note, telling them how proud you are of them and how important reading is! They have all made such wonderful progress in their reading, this is a time to celebrate!
Please wrap the book and send it to school.  Please make sure to mark your child’s name on the outside of the gift.  You can send in your book as soon as you have it, but please send it in no later than Wednesday, the 19th (so I know if I need to go book shopping).  I plan to pass out your books and have a little celebration where the students take a moment to open their gift and read the inscription.  Thank you for partnering with me on this and if you have any questions, please contact me!
 
 
Just a reminder that Holiday Smencils will be on sale Thursday and Friday for $1.75 each. There are new holiday smells and each pencil comes with a snowman on top.  If you are buying one, please put money in your child's Everyday Folder.

And finally, you can (hopefully) click HERE to see the link of our Variety Show act, or view it below on this blog.  If it does not work again, please let me know...
(fingers crossed)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.