Welcome students, families and friends and thanks for stopping in to see what is happening in Room 119! This site is a window into our learning. We hope you will enjoy the stories, pictures and videos. Please also check out the links below our theme song for additional information and fun. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter! We love hearing from you so feel free to leave a comment!

Our Theme Song

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Acts of Kindness (Homework!)



Dear First Grade Families,

As you may know, one of the things we do in first grade is count the days that we are in school.  On Friday, February 15th we will be celebrating HUNDRED’S DAY because we will have been learning in room 119 for 100 days!

I have a lot of fun things planned, but one may take a little time.  After making the video for Pay-it-Forward week, we came up with a lot of additional ways that we can be kind to someone.  I am hoping that the students can perform 100 Acts of Kindness by 100s day on February 15th!  With our wonderful group, I’m sure we can do it!

If your child does an act of kindness (sets the table), have him or her write that act on one of the colored hearts and return it to school the next day (encourage them to write neatly and spell the words correctly).  I will be displaying our Acts of Kindness on the bulletin board outside our classroom.  Your child can then take another heart the next day and do another act of kindness.  The only thing I ask is that your child do different acts of kindness each day.  For example, don’t bring in an “I set the table for dinner,” heart each day.

I’m very excited to see if we can do this!  I am sending one heart home with every student today.  Your child can take another heart the next day if they would like until we reach 100.  This will be their choice!  If you have any questions, please contact me and stay tuned for more exciting notes about 100’s day coming soon!

Sincerely,

 

Mrs. Doran

lauradoran@wlcsd.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to let Mrs. Doran know you stopped by and share your thoughts.